Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Being a doctor

•What goes into being a doc?
•Is it art, commerce or science?
And the answer is- it's all the three!

  Obviously it is science first! Studying medicine requires you to study functioning of a normal body, to study pathologies, to study drugs and surgeries. 
  How is it an art? Well, an experienced physician would like to put it like this-
"Practising medicine is like driving, the more you do; the better you are at it"
 It definitely requires skill to identify the pathology as early and precisely as possible. 
  And commerce? Modern medicine has brought the commerce component to it. Traditionally medicine has been selflessly working for people! But the practice of "cuts" saddens us all.
   These descriptions of medicine are not mine. According to me- medicine only requires devotion of your life! I will also completely understand the meaning maybe after half a century later, and then I hope, when I read my blog again...my 'risorius' muscle would contract involuntarily and  leave two semilunar creases on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable feedback, looking forward to hearing from you.