Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The change in me

   One year is not always enough to have a life long change in a person! My case proved it otherwise.
   Maybe it was a part of growing up, maybe I was destined or perhaps this was the path that I chose. And I'm proud of it. 
   We all know about this story of a frog-
This frog was born in a well in a village. The village was in an arid region and thus the water levels never rose high. The frog liked his home-the well, well enough! All he bothered about were- the sky, the walls and the ground. And food and sleep. He always thought- there's no world outside this well; the frogs that I know are the only creatures present. And he never ever realised how much of world he had actually seen!
   I was more or less the same. My world was my city. Though I had travelled my city enough, there was never a chance to explore other parts of Maharashtra. And then came NEET, through which I got admitted to GSMC and KEMH.
   And believe me- I learnt more about the geography of Maharashtra in my college than what I had learnt in school!! I have frequently heard that KEM has a continuum of patients. But never knew about the various spices of the country that my college had on its platter!
   Meeting them and getting involved in various activities with them was as good as travelling the whole country! The different language, the nature, the way of life, the clothes, the knowledge, the people! 
  Now I am that frog who has virtually seen the world outside the well though my friends! I'm happy to realise that my scenario will no longer be same as that of the frog. Since this frog has already taken the leap to get out of the well and explore! Till the last breath- learn and explore!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable feedback, looking forward to hearing from you.